- According to Bikram, kids around the age of 9 or 10 can practice the full Bikram Yoga class – this doesn’t mean they need to do every posture. Kids should be told that they should take it easy and only do what they can even if that means doing one set of every posture.
- Kids under the age of 9 or 10 should only do a maximum of 45 minutes of the class and should come into the yoga room at the beginning of the floor series. Kids don’t need to do the standing series as they handle heat differently – it is possible that they overheat!
- Kids should be introduced to the practice gradually and should display their own interest and curiosity before attending.
- Bikram himself has three children and they all began practicing at a very young age.
- The Hatha Yoga Championships has a youth category which includes ages 11 to 17.
- Drop-ins are free for kids under 14 at Bikram Yoga Vancouver!
For a great article on Bikram Yoga for kids, read this one by www.parentdish.com!