Join Laura Werner, registered physiotherapist and Bikram Yoga Teacher, in this workshop to learn how to use your body more effectively to prevent back, abdominal, and pelvic floor dysfunction while improving your yoga practice. Read more for details!
Using your transversus abdominus and pelvic floor (your core) is integral in preventing low back and pelvic pain, maintaining bowel and bladder control, and in organ support. In this workshop you will find out how to:
- Effectively contract your pelvic floor and transversus abdominus (your “core”), and how to instruct others to do so.
- See if you have effective technique of your pelvic floor and transversus abdominus using a Real Time Ultrasound (included with every participant)!
- Identify if you or your student is using a proper (or poor) technique to recruit their pelvic floor or transversus abdominus
- Know when to refer your student (or yourself) for an internal examination to assess pelvic floor skill or RTUS imaging for transversus abdominus skill.
- Integrate your knowledge of your PF and TrA into your yoga and your life!