We compiled a list of suggestions from teachers and students of their absolute favourite things to do after a Bikram class! Been looking for a new post-class ritual? Check ’em out here:
1. Replenish your electrolytes! Avoid headaches and cramping. Drink some coconut water.
2. Take an Epson salt bath (or try this).
4. Chug down a smoothie or some blended juice. Lisa, our co-owner, loves to blend up fresh watermelon and drink it straight! Mmmmmm.
5. Have some tea and chat with a friend. Need some ideas for tea locations, check out the Yelp reviews here.
6. Cool down – go for a walk / bike ride at Spanish Banks.
7. Have a BBQ at Jericho Beach (like Danny!), fill up on protein, and share some laughs.
8. It might be a good time to make a difficult phone call. Handling tough situations after yoga is a tiny bit easier because you tend to be more objective, calm, and emotionally aware.
9. Write down all of your epiphanies! Start a blog and share it with us (like this one!) or get a pretty journal to record your private thoughts.
10. Last but not least, never underestimate the value of a long nap!