Based on an average height and weight, it is recommended that the average person drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This article will motivate you to drink more water and also when the best times of day to drink it are!
“I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man.”
-Henry David Thoreau
You and your body may benefit from deliberately consuming water at the following times…
2 glasses after waking up – to help activate internal organs
1 glass 30 minutes before a meal – to help digestion
1 glass before taking a bath – to help lower blood pressure
1 glass before going to bed* – to avoid strokes or heart attacks
The rule of thumb for overall daily water consumption is based on your body weight – ½ oz of water per pound of body weight is recommended.
That converts to 1 litre of water for every 70 pounds of body weight.
If you need motivation to drink more water, remember that it…
- constitutes 80% of your brain
- regulates your body temperature
- constitutes 85% of your blood
- helps carry nutrients and oxygen to your cells
- moistens oxygen for breathing
- helps converts food into energy
- helps body absorb nutrients
- removes wastes
- constitutes 22% of your bones
- constitutes 75% of your muscles
- cushions and protects vital organs
- cushions joints
- maintains health of all tissues including your face & skin
* It is not advisable for an elderly person to drink a glass of water before bedtime because they will have to get up several times in the night to relieve themselves and sleep is also vital.