By Noa Glow
Image Source: [Bikram Yoga Ormond Beach]
Rabbit Pose (Sasangasana) gets broken down nicely in the image above. Part of Bikram Yoga’s Floor Series, this posture provides the following benefits:
- Increases the mobility and elasticity of the spine and back muscles.
- Expedites the feeding of the nervous system with fresh blood and oxygen.
- Relieves tension in the neck, shoulders and back.
- Helps alleviate colds, sinus problems and chronic tonsillitis.
- Rejuvenates the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Can be therapeutic for insomnia, diabetes and depression.
More info on Rabbit Pose:
- Rabbit Pose: Sasangasana
- Help! I Can’t Do Rabbit Pose!
- How Do You Do Rabbit Pose?
- How Can I Improve Rabbit Pose?
Come join us for Rabbit Pose – and 25 other beneficial beginner’s postures – in the hot room!
Got questions about this posture? Leave your comment below this post!